Our Mental Health Social Workers (MHSW) focus on how you interact with others, your community and your environment.
MHSW’s use a range of mental health interventions to alleviate the impact of social, economic and cultural factors on your health and wellbeing.
Our MHSW support people with depression and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, relationship problems, life crisis, adjustment issues, trauma and family conflicts. Additionally, they are able to support individuals with ASD and intellectual disabilities who also have an additional mental health diagnosis.
Your MHSW will help you to identify your goals and motivations and then develop recommendations as part of your ongoing therapy plan.
MHSW recommendations may include:
- Mental health functional assessments and intervention plans
- Social skills and communication training
- Assisting with strategies to engage in money management, work and study
- Skills training (eg interpersonal skills, emotion regulation)
- SIL assessment and recommendations
- Offering tools, guidance, counselling and training to help meet and overcome personal challenges
- Family therapy (including family supports in behaviour management, carer support and education)
- Trauma therapy
- Support to manage addiction and/or maintain sobriety
- Motivational interviewing and goal setting
- Support to understand and strategies to manage behaviours of concern
- Tools, guidance, counselling, and training to help you meet and overcome your challenges
Mental Health Social Workers offer a very practical approach that can be applied to everyday life. They work with the you to identify barriers to optimal functioning through interventions that focus on enhancing existing skills, creating opportunities, promoting wellness and preventing relapse.
Our MHSW’s aim is to empower you to live a quality life through:
Our Mental Health Social Workers (MHSW) are fully mobile and will meet you in your preferred environment.
Recovery Station have MHSW’s available across the Hunter, Central Coast, Sydney and Illawarra regions. This means our team has a broad and diverse range of experience across many different disabilities and conditions as well as aged care.
Our MHSW’s form part of our Multidisciplinary Allied Health team that work together toward your goals. Plus, our comprehensive reporting means that you have a clear identification of areas of need and recommendations in place to achieve your goals.
Recovery Station are registered providers for many of the funding options available to people in Australia to support their allied health needs. To learn more about our funding options, please click here.