About the role
Roles available now in Sydney, Central Coast and the Hunter!
- Community Role with Diverse Adult and Adolescent Clients
- Training, Development & Tailored CPD to assist you to be your best
- Flexible Working Hours to Suit Your Work-Life Balance
- Personalised, One on One Admin Support + RDO + Bonus
About Recovery Station
We are one of the largest private providers of allied health professionals for disability, mental health and aged care services across the Hunter, Central Coast, Sydney and the Illawarra regions.
We’ve been in the Allied Health industry for nearly 20 years, and you don’t get that sort of longevity without the best of the best employees. We know that when we support our team, it means that they support our clients, which is what we are all about.
Here are some key traits of Recovery Station:
- We love what we do because every role in RS contributes to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Our team is a collaboration of passionate, like-minded colleagues that facilitates both personal and professional growth.
- Keeping client-focused care at the heart of what we do challenges us to seek innovative ways to deliver the best possible support.
Joining Recovery Station means aligning with a company that believes in empowering you and your future.
As a community- based team, we predominantly see our clients either in their homes, group homes, aged care facilities or in a public setting that’s relevant for them eg out and about testing a new wheelchair. We want to see our clients where they are most comfortable whilst also giving you a diverse role full of variety and learning opportunities.
Some of our team schedule a full day of seeing clients one day, then balance this by working from home or having an office day to write reports, prepare resources, have supervision / training. Or you can mix things up depending how you like to work!
A community role is great as it allows you to have genuine flexibility and control over how you structure your days and therefore you don’t miss your afternoon sport or being able to drop the kids to school in the mornings / pick them up in the afternoons!
Depending where you are living, we tailor your caseload to service clients close to home. Your personalised admin support team will work with you to ensure you aren’t zigzagging around Sydney, the Central Coast or the Hunter and you’ll have clients to see close to you.
With our Neutral Bay, Erina or Toronto office as a central hub your role can be constructed as either full-time or part-time.
Over time and in consultation with you, you will be taught how to confidently:
- Service a predominantly adult, NDIS or DVA caseload
- Provide high level clinical services including client assessment and treatment, therapy, equipment prescription, home assessment and modifications
- Run various educational sessions and therapy programs
- Produce high standard, comprehensive Occupational Therapy reports
If you have a foundation in residential aged care, paediatrics or hospital work and are curious about making the move – reach out and let us know as we have a supportive team that is happy to help you make the transition.
We are also currently supporting clinicians looking to relocate to Australia and become registered with AHPRA so reach out and ask about sponsorship.
To be considered for this role, you must be registered with AHPRA, possess a driver’s licence with access to your own reliable vehicle and be willing to access a Working with Children Check and NDIS Workers Screening (a new form of police check). We are also requesting that the successful candidate be comfortable following NSW Health COVID and flu vaccination requirements.
Here’s how we support you
We strive to provide an environment that allows you to bring what makes you unique and special to work everyday.
- We value flexibility so you can fit us in around your personal life eg family, sport, other work.
- You deserve remuneration that matches your experience plus the option to stretch for RDO’s and financial bonuses if you choose
- We trust you to work from home, or in the office, via telehealth and we give you a laptop and pay a phone/ data allowance to support this
- You will be assisted daily by a member of our administrative team, who’s role is dedicated to ensuring you travel as efficiently between appointments and compliance pieces such as funding plans are followed up for you. Travel is reimbursed at $0.96/km.
- An Employee Assistance Program is available to provide external, confidential support
- To celebrate success and bring us together as a team, we have a fun wellbeing program that involves monthly social events such as our Mental Health Games, cooking and art classes, trivia and barefoot bowls
Your Career Development
- Your thorough Orientation will be supported by ongoing one on ones with your Supervisor to discuss goals personal to you via a CPD plan. Do you want to learn about Mods, AT, Mental Health or Driving Assessments? This is when you can chat about what you’d personally like to achieve
- These will be complimented with team meetings with your fellow OT’s so you can learn during in-services sessions, share ideas, resources and stay abreast of any industry updates
- We love facilitating development pathways for clinicians seeking career progression and added responsibility via either supervising students/ grads/ junior staff, increased complexity of caseload or involvement in management procedures depending on what avenue you’d like to explore
- Formal and informal liaison opportunities with other members of our MDT to broaden your clinical knowledge and provide holistic care to our clients
- All-company training day in where we bring the entire business together and invite external presenters for each discipline.
The next step
We hope the above has moved you to want to learn more about us, our mission and how you could fit into our team. Below you can take a look at some highlights from our latest training day and there’s more of us available on our social media + Q&A’s on our Youtube.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an occupational therapist?