Mindfulness: a mental state achieved by focusing your awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting your feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Our team of therapists applies this therapeutic technique to enhance function in everyday activities and to enhance quality of life through the promotion of health and wellbeing.
This program can assist you to increase your ability to:
- relax more easily or cope better with stress and anxiety
- gain awareness and understanding of the issues you are facing
- enjoy life with experience of less feelings of distress
This program would be suitable for anyone who is experiencing:
- Depression, anxiety, panic disorder, borderline personality disorder, stress
- Grief and loss
- Chronic pain management
- Sleep deprivation and poor quality sleep
- Memory and executive functioning
Recovery Station’s mindfulness program incorporates wellbeing practices that can be applied to many situations. We work with you to learn how to increase awareness and attention, reduce stress and anxiety and being non-judgmental.