Meet our Dietitans
Jess has completed a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics with Flinders University, and specialises in the areas of mental health, disability and healthy ageing. Before joining Recovery Station, Jess spent three years managing Dietetic services across QLD, NSW and ACT for a large agency. Jess respects body diversity and understands that health looks different on everybody. She loves to empower clients to live a healthful life, in a way that promotes autonomy and dignity, and is true to their values. Jess believes good nutritional care should be inclusive and delivered in a compassionate and holistic way. Jess has a special interest in our relationship with food, while her diverse professional background has also allowed for strong medical nutrition therapy skills, including management of complex enteral feeding regimes and gastrointestinal disorders.
Rebecca is an experienced dietitian with a strong history working in private practice. Rebecca has worked with a wide range of clients and conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, allergies & intolerance, and bowel conditions. Rebecca’s particular area of interest is working with people with mental illness, specialising in disordered eating (over-eating and under-eating). She is currently completing her PhD in this area. Rebecca uses her skills as an accredited counsellor to work with clients to help modify their diet, feel better about their eating behaviours and make individualised adjustments to their lifestyle. Accredited Practising Dietitians help people to understand the relationship between food and health. They use their skills to translate scientific nutrition information into personalised, practical dietary advice. A Recovery Station Dietitian can help you to improve your overall health and wellbeing, or assist you to prevent or manage a particular health condition.
The Benefits of a Dietitian Consultation:
- Improve your energy levels
- Increase your independence – learn to cook healthy foods that you enjoy.
- Maintain a healthier weight or body composition – improve mobility for everyday activities.
- Better manage a chronic health condition.
- Or find joy in food again!
What can a Dietitian assist you with?
- General Healthy Eating
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Malnutrition and Muscle Loss
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Liver or Kidney Disease
- Constipation, Diarrhoea, Bloating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome
- Tube Feeding
- Nutritional Supplement Advice
- Modified Texture Diets that may be impacting on nutritional intake
- Eating Disorders
- Food Anxiety
- Fussy eating
What might a Dietitian service involve?
- Meal Plans or Goal Setting
- Nutritional Supplement Guidance
- Cooking Lessons
- Recipe Planning
- Food Label Reading
- Shopping List Assistance
- Food Budget Planning
- Supermarket Tours
- Café and Restaurant Ordering Assistance
- Meal Time Management Plans
- Education Sessions
- Menu Development
- Tube Feeding Plans and Education