About the role
Roles available now in Sydney
- Psychology, Counselling & Social Work (Healthcare & Medical) Part time
- Flexible Working Hours to Suit Your Work-Life Balance
- Rewarding and Diverse Adult and Adolescent, Community Caseload
- Opportunity to complete Behaviour Support Plans as well as provide ongoing support, assessments, and therapeutic interventions
- Ongoing Training, Development & Personalised CPD
- Specialised Office Support to Assist with Admin and Scheduling
About Recovery Station
We are one of the largest private providers of allied health professionals for disability, mental health and aged care services across the Hunter, Central Coast, Sydney and the Illawarra regions.
We’ve been in the Allied Health industry for nearly 20 years, and you don’t get that sort of longevity without the best of the best employees. We know that when we support our team, it means that they support our clients, which is what we are all about.
Here are some key traits of Recovery Station:
- We love what we do because every role in RS contributes to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Our team is a collaboration of passionate, like-minded colleagues that facilitates both personal and professional growth.
- Keeping client-focused care at the heart of what we do challenges us to seek innovative ways to deliver the best possible support.
Joining Recovery Station means aligning with a company that believes in empowering you and your future.
Day to day you will provide a comprehensive range of mental health services for individuals in the community. The clinical skills you may bring to the role will work in achieving an optimal state of personal, social and emotional wellbeing, as defined by the individual needs of each person.
You will achieve this by working with them to identify barriers to optimal functioning through interventions that focus on enhancing existing skills, creating opportunities, promoting wellness, remediating or restoring skills, modifying or adapting the environment or activity, and preventing relapse.
Logistically, we have offices in Neutral Bay or Liverpool with onsite parking and the role can be structured as full-time or part-time. Depending where you are based, we can tailor your caseload to service clients around the your home area. You will have someone assigned to you in admin to assist with scheduling appointments and they will work with you to ensure you aren’t zigzagging around Sydney and you’ll have clients to see close to home and/ or in the office.
This role will provide trauma informed, person-centred, evidence-based interventions and support for people in our community experiencing moderate to severe mental health presentations including: acute and chronic psychotic disorders; schizophrenia; bipolar; generalised anxiety; depression; PTSD; alcohol and drug use disorders; mixed anxiety and depression; dissociative (conversion) disorder; sleep problems and OCD.
You will be competent in writing comprehensive reports based on your advanced clinical understanding, application of various clinical assessments and implementation of appropriate interventions to address prioritised needs. You will also have experience in conducting functional behavioural assessments, gathering behaviour data, and developing positive behavioural support plans (with and without the use of restrictive practice) for people with disability.
- Be an AHPRA registered Psychologist and/or possess a Behaviour Support Practitioner number with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission
- Current driver’s license with use of own vehicle
- Be willing to provide or obtain a current WWCC and NDIS Workers Screening
We are also requesting that the successful candidate be comfortable following NSW Health COVID and flu vaccination requirements.
Here’s how we support you
To nurture a happy, healthy and productive culture, we know we need to listen to you, understand what drives you, and help facilitate the development you desire.
We have learned that our team benefits most from the following:
- Flexibility to schedule work around family, other employment or personal commitments (no weekend work)
- A culture of care, compassion and service to the community
- Remuneration packages that reflect your experience
- Freedom to work how best suits you eg writing reports from home or in the office with colleagues
- Discretion to utilise telehealth where appropriate (Laptop provided + paid phone/data allowance)
- Office support to assist with admin and diary scheduling
- Free, convenient parking so it’s easy to come into the office
- Dedicated wellness program (the Feel Good Factor) including EAP and social catch-ups such as team drinks, lunches, cooking + art classes, trivia and birthday events to have fun and celebrate success and so much more
The next step
If the above resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the details below, or you’re welcome to call the HR team on 0493 469 501 if you’d like to chat.