Optimising client outcomes through an effective multidisciplinary approach is one of the advantages for clients when they access services through Recovery Station.
Six months after Mark was involved in a work incident, he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Mark commenced Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology services with Recovery Station in early 2017 using his NDIS funding. A year later he started accessing Physiotherapy and joined our PD Warrior class.
The main characteristics of our multidisciplinary team and how they work with Mark and other clients include:
- Each discipline has a different focus, leading to comprehensive care that addresses as many of the client’s needs as possible
- Working together as a team supports interconnected and shared goals for best therapy outcomes
- Aiming to address as many of a client’s needs as possible at one time
- The team can be fluid and change as the client’s needs change
- The choice of team members reflects the client’s needs (Consumer Directed Care)
To improve outcomes for individuals, our multidisciplinary team work together to better achieve desired health outcomes for individuals. Mark has found the multidisciplinary services “great…best way to do it” as he used to go from one place to another and have to retell his story, but now he has all his Allied Health services under one roof and enjoys working with his supportive team of therapists.