Adolescence can be challenging for any teenager, but it’s even more complex for neurodivergent youth.
They may have difficulties with their cognitive, emotional, or social functioning. So, finding fun activities that engage and help them to manage their challenges is a win-win!
Introducing Social Cipher
Social Cipher is a fun game-based approach to social emotional learning run by Speech Pathologists following neurodiversity affirming principles. In every episode of the game, the main character Ava meets new friends and navigates different situations with space pirates. While she does this, Ava learns about herself and her unique strengths and challenges.
When playing the game, players can tap into not only the enjoyment but the learning.
This could include:
- Improved social awareness
- Better understanding of their own and others’ emotions
- Increased self-management
- Enhanced relationship-building skills
- Improved decision-making skills
- Increased self-advocacy and self-confidence
- Excitement and of course, fun!
- Each session is run by two Speech Pathologists
- Access the gaming platform with individual login throughout the week and for 3 weeks post program for ongoing learning
- One hour consultation prior to the group, 3 x 2 hour group sessions and a summary report
Check out some of the cool graphics
We’re so thrilled to bring this program to you and can’t wait to get it underway!
The first rollout is in January so be sure to put your name down to save your spot.
WHERE: It’s a 3 day program at Suite 205, 40 Yeo St Neutral Bay
ON: 10am -12pm, 15, 17 & 19 January 2024
FOR: Neurodivergent Youth 11-15 years old
The cost of the group sessions is at the NDIS hourly rate and is shared by the number of participants. Therefore, the price may vary depending on the group size, so bring a friend!
TOTAL per person in a group of 4: $979.95
TOTAL per person in a group of 3: $1,173.94
Please note our Social Cipher group is NDIS claimable.
Cancellation will be charged at 100% with a 7 day short notice cancellation policy in place as per NDIS guidelines, as participants will not be able to be replaced once the group has commenced.